AnyDesk Connect to a computer remotely, be it from the other end of the office or halfway around the world. AnyDesk ensures secure and reliable remote desktop connections for IT professionals and on-the-go individuals alike. AnyDesk is a remote desktop software, AnyDesk It provides bidirectional remote access between personal computers and is available for all common operating systems. Developed by AnyDesk Software GmbH. AnyDesk is the best option for lightweight remote access because of its incredible speed in terms of graphical performance metrics and responsiveness. Despite its small file size, the app offers key features such as chatbox for client use, file transfer, and connection to multiple hosts.
|Developer(s)||AnyDesk Software GmbH, Germany|
|Operating system||Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, FreeBSD, Raspberry Pi|
|Type||Remote desktop software, Remote administration, Remote support|
AnyDesk is a remote desktop application distributed by AnyDesk Software GmbH. The proprietary software program provides platform independent remote access to personal computers and other devices running the host application. It offers remote control, file transfer, and VPN functionality.
AnyDesk Software GmbH was founded in 2014 in Stuttgart, Germany and has gone worldwide, with subsidiaries in the US and China.
In May 2018, AnyDesk secured 6.5 million Euros of funding in a Series A round led by EQT Ventures. Another round of investment in January 2020 brings AnyDesk to over 20 million Dollars of combined funding.
AnyDesk uses a proprietary video codec 'DeskRT' that is designed to allow users to experience higher-quality video and sound transmission while reducing the transmitted amount of data to the minimum.Alpenlite 5th wheel specifications.
With its three megabyte total program size, AnyDesk is noted as an especially lightweight application.
Availability of features is dependent upon the license of the individual user. Some main features include:
- Remote access for multiple platforms (Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS, Android, etc.)
- Remote Print
- Unattended access
- Auto-Discovery (automatic analysis of local network)
- Session protocol
- Individual host-server
AnyDesk uses TLS-1.2 with authenticated encryption. Every connection between AnyDesk-Clients is secured with AES-256. When a direct network connection can be established, the session is endpoint encrypted and its data is not routed through AnyDesk servers. Additionally, whitelisting of incoming connections is possible.
Anydesk For Chromebook
AnyDesk can be optionally installed on computers and smartphones with full administrative permissions, if the user chooses to do so. It therefore should, like all remote desktop applications, be used with caution as it may result in a remote full access to the device via the internet.
Mobile access fraud
In February 2019, Reserve Bank of India warned of an emerging digital banking fraud, explicitly mentioning AnyDesk as the attack channel. The general scam procedure is as follows: fraudsters get victims to download AnyDesk from the Google Play Store on their mobile phone, usually by mimicking the customer service of legitimate companies. Then, the scammers convince the victim to provide the nine-digit access code and to grant certain permissions. After permissions are obtained and if no other security measures are in place, the scammers usually transfer money using the Indian Unified Payment Interface. A similar scam took place in 2020 according to Kashmir Cyber police.
Bundling with ransomware
In May 2018, the Japanese cybersecurity firm Trend Micro discovered that cybercriminals bundled a new ransomware variant with AnyDesk, possibly as an evasion tactic masking the true purpose of the ransomware while it performs its encryption routine.
Technical support scams
Scammers have been known to use AnyDesk and similar remote desktop software to obtain full access to the victims' computer by impersonating a technical support person. The victim is asked to download and install AnyDesk and provide the attackers with access. When access is obtained, the attackers can control the computer and move personal files and sensitive data.
In 2017, the UK based ISPTalkTalk banned AnyDesk and similar software from all its networks after scammers cold called victims and talked them into giving access to their computer. The software was removed from the blacklist after setting up a scam warning.
- ^'Download AnyDesk for Windows'. AnyDesk. 18 February 2021.
- ^'Download AnyDesk for macOS'. AnyDesk. 27 January 2021.
- ^'Download AnyDesk for Linux'. AnyDesk. 28 January 2021.
- ^'Download AnyDesk for FreeBSD'. AnyDesk. 28 January 2021.
- ^'Download AnyDesk for Raspberry Pi'. AnyDesk. 28 January 2021.
- ^'AnyDesk remote PC/Mac control'. GooglePlay. Google. Retrieved 21 January 2021.
- ^'AnyDesk on the App Store'. App Store. Apple. Retrieved 18 January 2021.
- ^'Download AnyDesk for Chrome OS'. AnyDesk. 28 July 2020.
- ^'Innovative and Reliable: Our Features'. AnyDesk. Retrieved 2020-05-25.
- ^'AnyDesk verspricht PC-Fernsteuerung in Echtzeit'. deutsche-startups.de (in German). Retrieved 2018-08-21.
- ^ ab'AnyDesk scores €6.5M for its remote desktop software – TechCrunch'. techcrunch.com. Retrieved 2018-06-15.
- ^'EQT Ventures' investment in AnyDesk'. eqtventures.com. Retrieved 2018-08-22.
- ^Partners 2020 (https://www.insightpartners.com/), Insight (2020-01-22). 'Global Software Innovator, AnyDesk, Launches Expansion with Leading Growth Equity Investor, Insight Partners News & Press'. Insight Partners. Retrieved 2020-05-25.
- ^'Category:Features - AnyDesk Help Center'. support.anydesk.com. Retrieved 2020-05-25.
- ^'Security - AnyDesk Help Center'. support.anydesk.de. Retrieved 2018-08-21.
- ^'Access and Session Requests - AnyDesk Help Center'. AnyDesk Help Center. Retrieved 2018-08-22.
- ^'Administrator Privileges and Elevation (UAC) - AnyDesk Help Center'. support.anydesk.com. Retrieved 2019-07-30.
- ^KVN, Rohit (2019-02-18). 'RBI malware warning: Refrain from installing 'AnyDesk' mobile app or else risk losing bank balance'. International Business Times, India Edition. Retrieved 2019-02-19.
- ^'RBI AnyDesk Warning: This app can steal all money from your bank account, never download'. Zee Business. 2019-02-17. Retrieved 2019-02-19.
- ^'RBI Cautions Against Fraudulent Transactions On UPI Platform'. BloombergQuint. Retrieved 2019-02-19.
- ^'Cyber Police Kashmir unearths 'AnyDesk' online fraud'. www.daijiworld.com. Retrieved 2021-02-25.
- ^'Legitimate Application AnyDesk Bundled with New Ransomware Variant - TrendLabs Security Intelligence Blog'. 2018-05-01. Retrieved 2018-08-28.
- ^'WanaCrypt Ransomware – 202 N Van Buren Rd Ste E Eden, NC 27288'. www.microsupportsystems.com. Retrieved 2018-08-28.
- ^'As social engineering activities increase buyer beware of tech support scams'. Verizon Enterprise Solutions. Archived from the original on 2017-12-01. Retrieved 2018-08-28.
- ^'How to avoid being a tech support scam victim thinkbroadband'. www.thinkbroadband.com. Retrieved 2018-08-28.
- ^'02085258899 - tech support scam (using anydesk.com, teamviewer.com and supremofree.com)'. blog.dynamoo.com. Retrieved 2018-08-28.
- ^'ISP customer data breach could turn into supercharged tech support scams'. Naked Security. 2017-03-20. Retrieved 2018-08-06.
Google Chrome Anydesk Extensions
- Official website