A PS5 console or PS4 console is required for Remote Play. With Remote Play, you can control your PlayStation® console remotely wherever you have a high-speed internet connection. Using the PS Remote Play app, you can control your PlayStation®5 console or PlayStation®4 console from a device in a different location. Link to the official sony playstation remote play app: to the older video: https://w. Connect your PlayStation VR to your PS5 console to enjoy supported PS VR games. To set up your PS VR with your PS5 console you’ll need your PlayStation Camera 2 for PS4 and a PlayStation Camera adaptor (no purchase necessary). Request your PlayStation Camera adaptor now.
A PS5 console or PS4 console is required for Remote Play.
With Remote Play, you can control your PlayStation® console remotely wherever you have a high-speed internet connection.
Using the [PS Remote Play] app, you can control your PlayStation®5 console or PlayStation®4 console from a device in a different location.
For example, you can use a computer in another room or a smartphone* when you’re out to enjoy PS5™ and PS4™ games.
- You can’t use Remote Play on your mobile device’s cellular data network. A high-speed Wi-Fi® network is required.
The following are the different combinations of compatible devices and PlayStation consoles for using Remote Play. For instructions on downloading the app and getting started with Remote Play, go to one of the links below.
Control your PS5 console
Control your PS4 console
- Control your PS4 console from your PS Vita system*
- Control your PS4 console from your PS TV system*
- With the [PS4 Link] app, you can remotely control your PS4 console with a PlayStation®Vita system or PlayStation®TV system.
Find out more about how to set up and use Remote Play on your systems in the PS Vita User’s Guide or the PS TV User’s Guide.
Depending on the content or how it’s used, Remote Play may not be available. For details, see “Restrictions”.
[PS Remote Play] Update Information
Windows PC version 4.1:
Stability during use of some features has been improved.
Mac version 4.1:
Stability during use of some features has been improved.
Visit Google Play™ or the App Store for update information.
- Some games do not support Remote Play.
Games that require peripherals such as PlayStation®VR or PlayStation®Camera aren’t compatible with Remote Play.
You can’t use Remote Play on your PS5 console or PS4 console in the following situations:
- When you’re using Share Screen or Share Play, or broadcasting your gameplay
- When users are using Remote Play, Share Play, or Share Screen, or broadcasting their gameplay
- When you’re playing a Blu-ray Disc™ or DVD
- When you’re using PS VR in VR mode
The following restrictions apply when using Remote Play:
- You can’t use Share Screen or Share Play, or broadcast your gameplay.
- You can’t play a Blu-ray Disc™ or DVD.
- You can’t play music with Spotify®.
- Some or all video content might not be displayed on your device depending on the game or video service.
- For details on audio input and output during Remote Play, visit our support website.
- This site is subject to change without notice.
- Screen images are composite images. Illustrations and screen images may vary from the actual product.
- Information about system functionality and images published on this site may vary depending on the PS5 or PS4 system software version or the version of the application installed on your computer or mobile device that’s in use.
- “”, “PlayStation”, “PS5”, “PS4” and “DUALSHOCK” are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
- “SONY” is a registered trademark or trademark of Sony Group Corporation.
- App Store, iPad, iPhone, Mac and macOS are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
- “Blu-ray Disc™” and “Blu-ray™” are trademarks of the Blu-ray Disc Association.
- Google Play and Android are trademarks of Google LLC.
- Intel and Intel Core are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and/or other countries.
- Spotify is a registered trademark of Spotify Ltd.
- Wi-Fi® is a registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance®.
- Other system and product names are generally trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
ASTRO’s PLAYROOM: ©2020 Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
Horizon Zero Dawn: ©2017 Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe. Developed by Guerrilla.
Remote Play is a very special feature that will allow you to enjoy your PS5 on a variety of other devices, including the PS4.
Before you can use this feature, however, you need to ensure that you've correctly set up and enabled remote play on both your PS5 and whichever device you wish to use.
Playstation 5 Remote Play Pc
This page will explain how to properly set up Remote Play on both your PlayStation 5 and on other devices, such as the PS4.
On this page:
If you'd like to learn more about the PS5, then check out our guides on the Control Centre, user accounts, capture settings, online status, PS5 save files explained and on the PS5 stand.
Remote Play for the PS4 and PS5, including restrictions, explained
Remote Play allows you to play your PS5 or PS4 through other devices, be it a television or a smartphone.
All you have to do is ensure that the device you wish to use for remote play has the PS Remote Play app and that the PS5, or PS4, is correctly set up for Remote Play and that you have a strong Internet connection to prevent as little lag as possible.
Sony recommends having a broadband connection that is at least 12Mbps and using a LAN cable for the best experience. Though a slower connection will work, you'll need at a minimum broadband speed of 5Mbps for Remote Play to work.
It's important to note that not all games support Remote Play. This includes games that require peripherals, such as the PlayStation VR or PlayStation Camera.
Whichever console your remote playing on - be it the PS4 or PS5 - must also either be turned or, console settings depending, be in rest mode for Remote Play to work. It will not work if the console is turned off or if it's being used for any of the following purposes:
- When you're using Share Screen, Share Play or any form of gameplay broadcasting
- When other users are using Share Screen, Remote Play, Share Play or any form of gameplay broadcasting
- When a Blu-ray Disc or DVD is playing
- When PS VR in VR mode is being used
Once you have Remote Play working, you will also be restricted in the following ways as these functions are not supported by remote play:
- Can't use Share Screen, Share Play or any form of gameplay broadcasting
- Can't play Blu-Ray Discs or DVDs
- Can't play music with Spotify
- Some or all video content might not be displayed depending on which game or video service is being used
How to set up and enable Remote Play for the PS5
The first part of setting up Remote Play for the PS5 is ensuring the console's settings will actually allow it to be used remotely.
After you've downloaded and properly installed the app, it's time to head over to the PS5, where you need to ensure that the console's settings are inline with Remote Play.
First, you'll want to enable Remote Play by following these steps:
- Go to 'Settings'
- Select 'System'
- Select 'Remote Play'
- Select 'Enable Remote Play' and ensure that the option is switch on
Once you've ensured that the PS5 is correctly set up for Remote Play, you'll next need to download the PS Remote Play app onto whichever device you wish to use the PS5 remotely on.
If you're going to be using a PC or Mac, then you can download the app from the Remote Play page of the Sony website. If you're planning on using either your iPhone or Android device, then you can download the PS Remote Play app from your chosen App store.
After the app is downloaded, you'll need to login to your PlayStation Network account and follow the instructions on screen.
When prompted, select your PS5 from the list of available consoles and wait for the two devices to be connected together. It's important to note that you must be logged into the correct PlayStation Network account on the PS5 for it to appear as a Remote Play option.
If all goes well, you'll be remotely connected to your PS5!
How to enable Remote Play for rest mode on the PS5
While you can't use remote play when the PS5 is turned off, it is possible to use this feature when the console is in rest mode.
If you would like to enable this feature, you need to follow steps below on your PS5:
- Go to 'Settings'
- Select 'System'
- Select 'Power saving'
- Select 'Features available in rest mode' and turn it on
- Select 'Enable turning on PS5 from network' and turn it on
This will allow you to use remote play when your PS5 is in rest mode, but, remember, you can't use remote play if your PS5 is turned off.
Remote Play for the PS5 on the PS4 explained
Days before the release of the PS5, PS4 owners awoke to find a new app installed on their consoles - PS5 Remote Play.
As the name suggests, this app allows you to play your PS5 on any PS4 console, as long as the PS5 is correctly set up for Remote Play. You can also use your DualShock 4 controller, rather the PS5's DualSense controller.
Like with using Remote Play on other devices, you'll have to follow the on-screen instructions to connect to your PS5 remotely, but, once you do, you'll find yourself looking at the PS5 home screen.
It's important to note that, when remote playing via a PS4, there are some small control changes.
Pressing the PS button the DualShock 4 will open up a small, remote play exclusive menu, which will allow you to switch visit the PS5's home screen or Control Centre, mute the mic, return to the PS4 home page or end the remote play session completely.
Using Remote Play on PS5 to control another PS5 or PS4 explained
Remote Play on the PS5 has the ability to connect to both PS4 consoles and other PS5s, which means that you can enjoy a wide range of games as long as you have a strong enough Internet connection.
You can find the Remote Play app on the PS5 home screen and, selecting it, will allow you to see which consoles you have set up for Remote Play.
I have other questions or need to report an errorPlease email the diagnostic information above to help2020 @ pglaf.org (removing the spaces around the @) and we will try to help. Heart of the devil pdf free download. Or, clearing the history of your visits to the site.
From there, you can select the console you wish to play on and, as long as it's in rest mode or turned on, you'll be able to connect to it and remotely play a wide variety of games.
Playstation 5 Remote Play Ipad
The main Remote Play screen will also allow you to change the resolution for the console you're streaming - 540p, 720p (Standard), 1080p - and, if you're remote playing a PS4, change the frame rate between standard or high.
Have fun experimenting with Remote Play on the PS5!
Playstation 5 Remote Play App
If you'd like to learn more about the PS5, then check out our guides on the Control Centre, user accounts, capture settings, online status and on the PS5 stand.